RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL RADIO SHOW
SUNDAY OCTOBER 9, 2016
FROM 10pm-MIDNIGHT (EASTERN TIME)
RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL RADIO SHOW
SUNDAY OCTOBER 9, 2016
1. Edo.G & Shabaam Sahdeeq feat. Torae “Play To Win” (prod. by Fokis, cuts by DJ Eclipse)
2. Psycho Les feat. Vinnie Paz “Two Masked Men” (prod. by Psycho Les)
3. Ras Kass feat. El Gant & Shabaam Sahdeeq “ExtraOrdinary Vets” (prod. by Snowgoons)
4. MentPlus “BeatBattles (prod. by MentPlus)
5. Rapper Big Pooh “Relax Yaself” (prod. by Praise)
6. D Strong & giallo Point feat. Prince Po “The Warning” (prod. by giallo Point, cuts by DJ DareDevil)
7. Onyx “Throw Ya Gunz” (prod. by Chyskillz)
8. Tru Trilla “All For The Hustle” (prod. by Chat One)
9. Powerule feat. Psycho Les & Tragedy “718” (prod. by Psycho Les)
10. Psycho Les feat. R.A. The Rugged Man “BA BA BARZ” (prod. by Psycho Les)
11. Lyric Jones x Rah Digga “Ski Mask Way” (prod. by Backpack Beatz, cuts by DJ Eclipse)
12. NapsNdreds feat. Supastition “Check The Votes” (prod. by Young Cee)
13. Bishop Lamont feat. Angie Fisher “Speak To Me” (prod. by Bishop Lamont & King Karnov)
14. Sticky Fingaz feat. NORE “Ebenezer Scrooge” (prod. by Chyskillz)
15. Marvalyss “Black Caesars” (prod. by Nottz)
16. Ras Kass feat. A-F-R-O “Talk Greazy” (prod. by illinformed, cuts by DJ Eclipse)
17. Tha God Fahim “Sun & The Moon” (prod. by Tha God Fahim)
18. Daniel Son “Fly Emirates” (prod. by giallo Point)
19. Psycho Les feat. F.T. & Vargo “She Loves Me” (prod. by Psycho Les)
20. Psycho Les feat. Pete Rock, Inspecktah Deck & Jeru The Damaja “Hip-Hop Never Left” (prod. by Psycho Les)
21. DJ Manipulator feat. Conway The Machine “2 Drums” (prod. by DJ Manipulator)
22. Hakim Green “The Abolitionist” (prod. by Shawneci)
23. Billy Danze “6 O’Clock Briefing” (prod. by Quincey Tones)
24. MC Serch Live Freestyle!
25. Torae introducing Xavier Bost “Hands of Stone” (prod. by Praise)
Joell Ortiz stops by DJ Eclipse’s Rap Is Outta Control to drop some bars for the masses.
Seventeen years ago, Eminem and Royce Da 5’9″ were still young bucks trying to find their way into the music industry. With the holiday spirit in the air, DJ Eclipse drops this special 1998 episode of the Halftime Show were Bad Meets Evil shows up to show out.
Courtesy of Eclipse:
Merry Christmas everyone! Here goes another Halftime show from ’98 with guests Eminem and Royce Da 5’9″ (85:53). Short interview right into the freestyle session (if only cats today were as hungry as the 90s generation). As usual, Riz sets off the show lovely and then half way through I get on to finish up. Always good listening to the mic breaks to see what was going on during that time (i.e. Tramps shows, Fat Beats in-stores, new mixer…thanks Fat Beats!) (52:25). So much good music played. Last mic break at 147:39. Enjoy.
DJ Eclipse digs in the crates and finds this gem from The Stretch & Bobbito show that features Big Pun and Fat Joe. But let’s get it from the words of Eclipse.
I always recorded my guest sets on KCR so I couldn’t for the life of me understand why I wouldn’t have the one Riz and I did when Fat Joe brought up Big Pun for the first time (along w/Armageddon & Keith Nut). Come to find out I forgot to label the tapes with the date. Anyway, seems only fitting to post this today on Pun’s birthday. Joe starts the interview (151:40) and plays some joints off his album before introducing everyone to the mic (167:42). I threw on “Broken Language” and Pun set it all off. Other dope moments were the Pumpkinhead, Natural Elements and O.C./Poops promos that Bob started off the night with before Riz got on (10:20) and showed off (see Nas Remix). Bobbito plays a demo set in the middle of the show (113:15) before Terror Squad arrives and then I close it out (179:22). And what would a Stretch & Bobbito show be without comedy from Lord Sear (228:30) For more insight on this Pun appearance check out the movie “Stretch & Bobbito: Radio That Changed Lives”.
Your Old Droog and Problem hit DJ Eclipse’s Rap Is Outta Control show and bless the instrumental to Jeru The Damaja’s “One Day.”
DJ Eclipse unearths a session from 1996 with Lord Finesse dropping jewels at Fat Beats.
Here’s another performance clip from Fat Beats grand opening day of the 6th Ave location. Lord Finesse on the mic and DJ Three on the wheels. You even see the owner of the store Joseph Abajian pop back behind the tables for a minute to talk to Three. Finesse killed these two verses and had the crowd oohing and ahhing with his punchlines. It meant a lot to us that Finesse came by because he was the biggest name we had come through all day. And once again you get a glimpse of some of the other people in the store who were just vibing out to the sounds or waiting their turn to get on the mic.
This massive posse cut featuring hip hop legends is certainly an eye opener. Check out the description of where the hell this track came from below.
After finding gold and platinum success providing guitar heavy, adrenaline laced productions for the likes of 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Jim Jones and the late Proof of D12, BIG K.O. unites a legendary cast of hip hop Avengers on “Hellraisers”, the first single on his Phantom Zone imprint.
This monumental single features three rock and roll hall of fame members and contributions from the most legendary hip hop groups of all time. DMC of RUN-DMC, PMD of EPMD, MC SERCH OF 3rd BASS, TERMINATOR X and CHUCK D Of PUBLIC ENEMY, and DJ ECLIPSE of NON PHIXION all provide newly recorded performances for this project, that will go down as one of the most important Hip Hop collaborations of all time.
With the release of his latest project, Never Left, Sadat X stopped by DJ Eclipse’s RapIsOuttaControl show to engage in some off the dome lyricism alongside Chris Rivers.